Recipe for Pretending That Everything’s Fine
– Mask (metaphorical or literal)
– 5 ounces of inappropriate laughter
– 2 cups of mitigated anxiety
– 1 bowl of feigned interest
– ¾ tablespoon of awareness
– Keep mask on at all times, except while showering and sleeping.
– Sprinkle an ounce of inappropriate laughter every time you begin a conversation. No more than five a day.
– Mix all of the mitigated anxiety into the bowl of feigned interest and stir until you get a composite of pretence in its purest form. Dust ¾ tablespoon of awareness for good luck.
– Serves 3-6 people a day, preferably at room temperature.
– Repeat the above steps on an as-needed basis.